One of the staples of the keto diet is bulletproof coffee. There are a couple of reasons for this:
- People love coffee
- It’s a great way to get the fats needed to start your day
- People really love coffee
Bulletproof coffee comes in many forms so there is no one true way to make it. However, if you’re looking for a simple way to make bulletproof coffee then this post is for you.
- What Is Bulletproof Coffee?
- How to Make Bulletproof Coffee
- Bulletproof Coffee Benefits
- Bulletproof Coffee & Keto
What Is Bulletproof Coffee?
You can consider bulletproof coffee to be a high-performance drink because it can have a massive impact on your energy levels along with your cognitive function (read people’s minds).
The idea behind bulletproof coffee is that you load it up with healthy fats that will provide you with the energy and brain fuel that you need to tackle your day.
It’s not meant to be a special coffee pour that you eat with a couple of donuts.
Instead, it’s usually taken on its own and acts as a breakfast for many people.
How to Make Bulletproof Coffee
While there are many different ways to make your own version of bulletproof coffee, the “official” way of making bulletproof is as follows (found on Bulletproof.com):
- Brew 1 cup of coffee using filtered water with 2 1/2 tablespoons of freshly ground coffee. Using a French Press makes things a bit easier and allows you to preserve the beneficial coffee oils that filter paper keeps out.
- Add 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons of healthy fats (most people do coconut oil).
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of grass-fed, unsalted butter or grass-fed ghee. This throws people off because who adds butter to their coffee? People that drink bulletproof coffee, that’s who.
- Mix it all in a blender for 20-30 seconds until it looks like a foamy latte.
That’s it. Not too complicated at all. You’re basically making coffee and adding some things to it that you wouldn’t usually do.